21.4.13

Mac Sunbasque Dupe: NYX Terra Cotta


I was originally planning a post just devoted to MAC's Sunbasque, the first Mac blush I ever bought.  As I was rooting through my blush drawer, I happened upon NYX Terra Cotta, which I bought about six months ago, tried it, got scared by the pigmentation and tossed it in the back of the drawer. It turns out that these two are actually super similar so I thought I'd do a little comparison.


NYX Terra Cotta

(L) Swatched lightly 
(R) Built up




MAC Sunbasque

(L) Swatched lightly
(R) Built up



(L) NYX Terra Cotta
(R) MAC Sunbasque


As you can probably see from the swatches, the colours as quite similar.  Both have a bit of shimmer and lean heavily towards the bronze, slightly peachy side.  Terra Cotta is a bit more bronze while Sunbasque is more pink.  I personally find Sunbasque much easier to work with as it's a sheertone shimmer, meaning it's not quite as pigmented.  Terra Cotta is highly pigmented, which means you need a very light hand to avoid looking orange-y if you're pale like me.  If you're okay with needing to work with a blush a little more Terra Cotta is a great deal for a similar look to Sunbasque.  However, there's just something about Sunbasque that I find really special.  Maybe it's just the fact that is started my love affair with Mac blushes.

I hope you enjoyed my little compare and contrast!
Kendall
x

No comments:

Post a Comment